This Low FODMAP Cajun Flounder with Maple Butter Recipe has a sweet and spicy flavor that goes well with buttered rice. This is one delicious dish that's sure to become a new favorite!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Bake Time: 10 Minutes
To make our Low FODMAP Cajun Flounder with Maple Butter Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 fresh Flounder fillets (approximately 6 ounces each)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- ½ teaspoon Casa de Sante Cajun/Creole Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the Maple Butter:
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
Optional garnish: fresh Parsley
To make our Low FODMAP Cajun Flounder with Maple Butter Recipe, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush sheet tray or ceramic baking dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place flounder on tray and drizzle each fillet with ½ teaspoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Use your fingers to massage the seasoning into each fillet. Add lemon wedges to tray to bake with the fish. Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 7-10 minutes or until fish has become opaque and is flakey. If you have access to a thermometer, the internal temperature should read 145 degrees.
- While the fish is in the oven, prepare the maple butter. Melt unsalted butter, maple syrup and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce for approximately 1 minute then turn off heat and set aside until fish is done.
- When you remove the fish from the oven, drizzle maple butter over and serve with lemon wedges and parsley garnish.
We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Cajun Flounder with Maple Butter Recipe!
Living on or Starting a Low FODMAP Diet?
Shop low FODMAP foods here. Your tummy will thank you. For more information on low FODMAP foods & low FODMAP diet resources, Casa de Sante also provides — Low FODMAP Diet Plans, Low FODMAP Recipes, Cookbooks, low FODMAP diet chart, Low FODMAP Apps, FODMAP Elimination Diet Ebook, Low FODMAP Elimination Diet Video Course, Low FODMAP Tips, Diet for IBS Guide, IBS Tips, Low FODMAP Food List Printable, and lists of foods to eat, and avoid, on this type of diet for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Crohn's or other bowel diseases.