Low FODMAP Butternut Squash Breakfast Tostada Recipe made with simple and healthy Casa de Santé adobo seasoning. This is one delicious dish that's sure to become a new favorite!
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
To make our Low FODMAP Butternut Squash Breakfast Tostada Recipe, you will need the following:
- ½ large butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½” pieces
- Olive oil or light oil (avocado, canola, or vegetable), divided
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Casa de Santé adobo seasoning blend, divided
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
To make our Low FODMAP Butternut Squash Breakfast Tostada Recipe, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Place butternut squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil, then sprinkle 1 tablespoon Casa de Sauté adobo seasoning on top. Mix to combine and evenly coat squash. Bake for 20 minutes, or until squash is caramelized and tender. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add orange and red bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle on 1 teaspoon Casa de Sauté adobo seasoning, cook for 1 minute more, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place cooled roasted butternut squash into the bowl of a food processor with the blade attached. Pulse until squash is well blended and mashed into a smooth purée. (You can also mash the squash with a fork.)
- On a large griddle or skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat, then add corn tortillas and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, just until heated. Remove from heat.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tablespoon of oil, then carefully crack each egg into the pan. Season with salt and pepper or more adobo seasoning, then cook until desired doneness.
- To assemble: place corn tortillas on plates. Spoon on a few tablespoons of mashed squash, some of the seasoned bell peppers, and place a fried egg on top. Add sliced avocado and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Butternut Squash Breakfast Tostada Recipe!
Living on or Starting a Low FODMAP Diet?
Shop low FODMAP foods here. Your tummy will thank you. For more information on low FODMAP foods & low FODMAP diet resources, Casa de Sante also provides — Low FODMAP Diet Plans, Low FODMAP Recipes, Cookbooks, low FODMAP diet chart, Low FODMAP Apps, FODMAP Elimination Diet Ebook, Low FODMAP Elimination Diet Video Course, Low FODMAP Tips, Diet for IBS Guide, IBS Tips, Low FODMAP Food List Printable, and lists of foods to eat, and avoid, on this type of diet for IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Crohn's or other bowel diseases.