Low FODMAP Zucchini Eggplant and Beef Lasagna Recipe — this is one delicious low fodmap dinner recipe that's sure to become a new favorite!
Perfect addition to your low fodmap dinner recipes collection!
Servings – 2
To make our Low FODMAP Zucchini Eggplant and Beef Lasagna Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 zucchinis, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 parsnip, thinly sliced
- ½ medium eggplant, sliced into ½” rounds
- 1/3 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 15 oz. Canned tomato chunks, no sugar no garlic/onion
- 1 Tbsp. Casa De Santé Vegetable stock, powder
- Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb granola, pulsed to make breadcrumbs
- Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
To make our Low FODMAP Zucchini Eggplant and Beef Lasagna Recipe, follow these steps:
- Preheat oven to 365°F. Place a layer of parsnip slices with a little olive oil in a deep lasagna tray and pre-bake in the oven for 15 minutes, to help soften them slightly. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle eggplant slices with sea salt and set aside
- To make the sauce, heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and a pinch of Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning for a couple seconds, until slightly fragrant.
- Break the beef mince and add to the frying pan. Use a spatula to stir and break the mince apart into small pieces, as it tends to clump together during cooking.
- Cook for about 5–6 minutes, until browned.
- Add another pinch of Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning to cooking meat and fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add chunky tomato sauce, bring to boil and turn the heat down to simmering temperature.
- Cook for 10 minutes to draw out some of the juices. Rinse and pat dry.
- In another frying pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil and fry the eggplant in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side, until light golden brown. Add more olive oil as needed.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and start layering the lasagna in the following order: pre-cooked parsnips, ⅓ of tomato meat sauce, eggplant slices, fresh basil leaves, mushrooms, the rest of the meat sauce pressed down evenly, baby spinach, zucchini, drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning.
- Cook in the oven, for 35–40 minutes.
- Add on top of the lasagna, the pulsed savory granola crumbs, at the last 10 minutes of cooking-time.
- Garnish with fresh basil and a few cherry tomatoes. Serve with a side mixed salad.
250 calories (per serving) GF, Dairy-free, Soy-free
For more amazing low fodmap dinner recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed our low fodmap dinner recipes from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP Zucchini Eggplant and Beef Lasagna Recipe!