This low FODMAP Sweet and Smoky Mexican Chicken Recipe is perfect if you're looking for some DELICIOUS and HEALTHY low fodmap chicken recipes!
Servings – 3
To make our Low FODMAP Sweet and Smoky Mexican Chicken Recipe, you will need the following:
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 chipotle/ancho dried chilies, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, drained, seeds and stalks removed
- 1 tbsp. Basil & Lemon vinaigrette
- 2 tsp. Casa De Santé Mexican seasoning
- 1 lb. whole chicken legs (both drumsticks and thighs), skin-on preferred
- 2 Tbsp. vegan dark chocolate, finely grated or chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. coriander leaves, roughly chopped
To make our Low FODMAP Sweet and Smoky Mexican Chicken Recipe, follow these steps:
- Heat the oven to 390F. Put the peppers on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes, until the skin has blackened.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover with clingwrap and set aside. Once cool enough to handle, peel the peppers, and discard the skins, seeds and stalks.
- Put the pepper flesh in the small bowl of a food processor, and add the cinnamon, chipotle chili, vinaigrette, chocolate, 1 tbsp. of oil, Casa De Santé Mexican seasoning and three tablespoons of water.
- Blitz for a minute, until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, and mix to coat.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes on a baking tray and roast for about 50 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables are cooked and nicely browned.
- Garnish with coriander sprinkled on top.
- Serve hot with a side salad and ½ cup of rice or quinoa.
500 calories (per serving)
GF, Soy-free, Dairy-free
For more amazing low fodmap chicken recipes recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap chicken recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Sweet and Smoky Mexican Chicken Recipe!