Lebkuchen is a German Christmas-time cookie. It’s full of spice and so much deliciousness!!!! If you like gingerbread cookies, you’ll fall in love with these Protein-packed Low FODMAP Protein Lebkuchen Cookies.
Perfect low FODMAP snacks and treat for this Holiday!
To make our Low FODMAP Protein Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies), you will need the following:
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp gluten free oat flour or almond flour
- 1/8 cup Low FODMAP Vanilla Protein Powder by Casa de Sante or Low FODMAP Vegan Protein Powder (for Vegans)
- 1/4 cup granulated stevia
To make our Low FODMAP Protein Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies), follow these steps:
- Mix all ingredients together until a soft dough is formed and shape the dough into round cookies.
- Bake on a nonstick cookie tray at 170 C (338 F) until, when poked with a knife, your knife comes out clean.
- After that, make the ‘sugar icing’ by melting the stevia with a couple teaspoons of water until you get a viscous liquid (keep an eye on it and add more stevia if you want to make more of it).
- Once the thick liquid has formed, pour it on all the cookies! Finally, let them sit on the counter until they cool and voila! Ready
Per cookie out of the five you get from the mix here: 161.44cals, 10.76g protein, 1.8g carbs and 12g fat
For more amazing low FODMAP Holiday recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed our low FODMAP Holiday recipe from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP Protein Lebkuchen (German Christmas Cookies) Recipe!