Low FODMAP Fennel and Root Vegetable Soup Recipe— this is one delicious low fodmap soup recipe that's sure to become a new favorite!
Our Low FODMAP certified broth acts as a great base to make your own soups. This low fodmap soup recipe combines fennel, carrot, and parsnips, for a naturally sweet and soothing soup.
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
To make our Low FODMAP Fennel and Root Vegetable Soup Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused sunflower oil
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 small parsnips, peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and diced (about 1 1/2 cups); reserve fronds for garnish
- 3 containers (10.75 ounces) ZenGut™ Root Vegetables Broth
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
To make our Low FODMAP Fennel and Root Vegetable Soup Recipe, follow these steps:
- Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot, parsnip and fennel and cook for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the broth, black pepper, thyme and parsley sprigs. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 15 minutes. Discard the thyme and parsley. Season to taste and serve hot. Garnish with the fennel fronds, if desired.
Nutrition Values Per Serving : Calories 128, Total fat 6.6 g, Saturated fat 0.5 g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 440 mg, Total carbohydrate 15.5 g, Dietary fiber 3.7 g, Protein 2.0 g, Vitamin A 171%DV, Vitamin C 23 %DV, Calcium 7 %DV, Iron 5 %DV
For more low FODMAP recipes, visit www.zengutfoods.com.
For more amazing low fodmap soup recipes recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed another low fodmap soup recipes from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP Fennel and Root Vegetable Soup Recipe!