This low FODMAP congee is easy to digest, bland and great for diarrhea. Add a scoop of low FODMAP protein powder for a protein boost.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup rice
- 5-6 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Casa de Sante low FODMAP Tuscan Herb Mix
- 1 scoop Casa de Sante low FODMAP vegan protein powder
Combine ingredients except protein powder in a pot for 2 hours, until you get a soupy mixture. Add 1 scoop low FODMAP vegan protein powder and serve.
- Use low FODMAP broth instead of water
- Cook with a vegetable (potato, carrots)
- Cook with herbs (ginger root, thyme, cinnamon sticks)
- Use different grains (millet or quinoa)