This Low FODMAP Classic Tomato Sauce Recipe is one delicious low fodmap recipe that's sure to become a new favorite!
Onions and garlic are often key ingredients in tomato sauce. To create a Low FODMAP version, we used fennel, herbs, and garlic-infused oil to create a deep flavor.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings (about 1/2 cup each)
To make our Low FODMAP Classic Tomato Sauce Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 container (10.75 ounces) ZenGut™ Root Vegetables Broth
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
To make our Low FODMAP Classic Tomato Sauce Recipe, follow these steps:
- Heat the oil in a 2 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the fennel and cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and broth and cook for 25 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the basil, oregano and thyme. Season to taste. Serve hot over gluten-free pasta or cooked vegetables.
Nutrition Values Per Serving : Calories 69, Total fat 4.5 g, Saturated fat 0.3 g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 242 mg, Total carbohydrate 6.1 g, Dietary fiber 2.7 g, Protein 1.2 g, Vitamin A 38%DV, Vitamin C 29 %DV, Calcium 5 %DV, Iron 5 %DV
For more low FODMAP recipes, visit zengutfoods.com.
For more amazing low fodmap dinner recipes recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap dinner recipes? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Classic Tomato Sauce Recipe!