Kid's Favorite: Low FODMAP Chicken Nuggets Recipe — crunchy and gluten free your kids will love this low FODMAP recipe!
To make our Low FODMAP BBQ Chicken Nuggets, you will need the following:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon low FODMAP BBQ seasoning rub
- Avocado or canola oil, for frying
To make our Low FODMAP BBQ Chicken Nuggets, follow these steps:
- Rinse the chicken, pat dry and cut into medium-sized cubes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Whisk the milk and eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the flour into a separate bowl.
- Season flour with the low FODMAP BBQ seasoning rub, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix.
- Add about 2 inches of oil to a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high.
- As the oil heats, dip each cube of chicken in the milk and egg mixture.
- Coat with the seasoned flour.
- Working in batches, drop chicken nuggets into the oil once hot and fry for 8-10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Lower the heat if the nuggets brown too soon.
- Place on paper towels to drain excess oil and repeat until all chicken nuggets are done.
For more amazing low FODMAP recipes for kids, click here.
Love this low FODMAP recipe? Feel free to share!
We hope you enjoyed our low FODMAP recipe for kids from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP BBQ Chicken Nuggets!