This Low FODMAP Baked Zucchini Ziti Spirals recipe is great for an easy, weeknight meal— a yummy, low carb and lightened up version of the Italian classic!
Servings – 2
- 3 zucchini, ends trimmed
- ½ block of silken tofu
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. Casa De Santé Vegetable powder
- Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce (no HFCS, no garlic)
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Basil, as needed for garnish
- 1 tbsp. Basil & Lemon vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise. (Try to slice them about ⅛ inch thick; this helps them roll up better.) You should get 8 to 10 slices per zucchini. Set aside.
- In a food processor add the silken tofu, lemon juice, Casa De Santé Vegetable powder and a pinch of Casa De Santé Tuscan Herb seasoning.
- Process this until the mixture forms a ricotta-like texture.
- Pour ¾ cup of the tomato sauce into the prepared casserole dish.
- Place a slice of zucchini on a cutting board or plate. Place about 2 tablespoons of the tofu-cheese filling at the shortest end of the zucchini slice.
- Roll the zucchini into a spiral, fully encasing the filling. Place each roll, spiral side up, in the prepared dish.
- Repeat with the remaining zucchini and filling. (If you have leftover filling, dollop it on top of any spiral that needs a little extra.)
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce and a quick drizzle of the Basil & Lemon vinaigrette evenly over the spirals. Sprinkle with an even layer of Parmesan (optional).
- Transfer the casserole to the oven and bake until the tofu-cheese on top is somewhat golden brown and the zucchini is tender, 30 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, garnish with basil and serve warm.
230 calories (per serving without parmesan)
GF, Soy-free, Vegan (without parmesan)
We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Baked Zucchini Ziti Spirals Recipe!