Here are the Best FODMAP Apps to help you with your low FODMAP diet!
If you suffer from IBS, it's critical that you understand what triggers your symptoms. Based on the research, it's apparent that the best way to reduce symptoms is to consume a diet low in FODMAPs. To assist your efforts, use the following best FODMAP apps to guide you, no matter where you are.
Based on its research, Monash University has developed a diet in addition to its corresponding app. Featuring background information on FODMAPs, a detailed food guide, 79 original recipes and a shopping list, this app is highly comprehensive and supportive, hence it made to our list of the best FODMAP apps.
- PROS — Based on research from Monash University, helping you discover the foods that trigger your symptoms.
- CONS — More expensive than other related apps.
- Cost: $12.99
- OS availability: Requires iOS 7.0 or later; Android 4.0 and up.
Helping you easily identify suitable foods, this app lists hundreds of options, including 50 foods that were previously untested. To control personal thresholds better, FODMAP levels are included for each food, resulting in a PASS or FAIL. FODMAP-friendly products are also included, so you can get excited about eating once again.
- PROS — A great reference guide, helping you better understand which foods pass and which foods fail.
- CONS — Lacks advice in terms of using the listed ingredients.
- Cost: $2.99
- OS availability: iOS 6.0 or later; Android 4.0 and up.
With this app, you get it all. Featuring over 20 weeks of low-FODMAP meal plans, recipes, cooking videos and shopping lists, you will feel completely in control. In addition, you can track all aspects of your daily life, including mood, food, bowel movements and sleep. You can also integrate this app with Apple Health, Fitbit and Google Fit — real-life monitoring has never been simpler.
- PROS — Comprehensive and highly supportive, offering all the information you need to stay on-track. Plus, it's free!
- CONS — Due to all the features, it can take some time to get used to the app itself.
- Cost: Free
- OS availability: Requires iOS 7.0 or later; Android 4.1 and up.
Personal food review tracking made easy. When you have food intolerances or allergies, eating the wrong meal can have unpleasant consequences. WhatsMyFood is a personal food diary that helps you keep track of dishes you can and can't eat when going out to eat anywhere - restaurants, friends' homes, etc. In these various establishments, some dishes are great and appropriate for your dietary restrictions, whilst some are terrible and/or inappropriate for your dietary restrictions. It’s hard to remember all of them when you revisit the establishment. WhatsMyFood will help you recall good and terrible dishes so you don't repeat a negative experience. The WhatsMyFood app is free and easy-to-use.
- PROS — Rate meals when you go out to eat. Write comments/notes on if the dish is appropriate for your dietary restrictions or how it was tweaked to accommodate your restrictions. Take a picture to remind you of the dish (optional). Privately rate dishes and track any reactions. Search for a specific establishment, restaurant or dish. Plus, it's free!
- CONS — Available only on iOS
- Cost: Free
- OS availability: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Use this free app to find low FODMAP options at popular restaurants or Amazon. Sort restaurant meals by courses or restaurants, find low FODMAP recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner or search almost 1000 Amazon items for low FODMAP options in every category. With this app, shopping for, or making low FODMAP meals is a breeze. Note: This website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
- PROS — Makes eating on the low FODMAP diet easy. Find low FODMAP meals in a restaurant or shop for, and make, low FODMAP meals at home. Continually updated. Plus, it's free!
- CONS — Ingredient lists change all the time, so you have to crosscheck ingredient lists.
- Cost: Free
- Availability: : Download here.
Bowelle is intended for anyone who suffers from gastrointestinal symptoms. Making notes about how you feel, you can also track what you eat, how much water you drink, your stress levels and bowel movements. Tracked over time, this data will help you identify patterns so you have a better understanding of what triggers your symptoms.
- PROS — An excellent tool for tracking your symptoms in order to better understand your condition. Also, it's free!
- CONS — There's little specific information regarding FODMAPs.
- Cost: Free
- OS availability: Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Helping you gain insight, this app records your daily routine, then runs an analysis. As you record factors such as food, stress, mood, exercise, medication and other activities, in addition to symptoms and bowel movements, you will determine any clear patterns. The main goal of this app is to bridge the gap between the foods you eat and the symptoms you experience.
- PROS — Great for gaining insight, making you more aware about your current habits and lifestyle.
- CONS — Little guidance in terms of what to specifically do to improve.
- Cost: $3.99
- OS availability: Requires iOS 8.0 or later; Android 4.1 and up
As you create profiles surrounding food intolerances and food allergies, you can regain control. Using a barcode scanner, easily check food labels in terms of your specific dietary profiles. It's never been this easy to make healthy, suitable choices based on your personal needs. And the best part is, you can create multiple profiles.
- PROS — The perfect app to take immediate action in order to improve symptoms.
- CONS — Focuses more on food allergies and intolerances as a whole, and less on FODMAPs.
- Cost: Free
- OS availability: Requires iOS 7.0 or later; Android 4.0.3 and up
Make dietary restrictions less complicated so you can enjoy the foods you love. As long as you have your phone with you, one or all of these apps can help you regain control of your health and life, starting today.
Have we missed anything? For you, what are the Best FODMAP Apps?