- 2 large zucchini, cut in half and ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon Casa de santé Mexican Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle chile, pureed (may be omitted if less spice is desired)
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Scoop the flesh out of each zucchini half, keeping about ¼ inch of the flesh and the shells intact.
- Place the zucchini shells in a 5-6 quart lightly greased slow cooker.
- Chop the zucchini pulp.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini pulp and grated carrot.
- Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add Casa de santé Mexican Seasoning, salt, pureed chipotle pepper, and cooked rice. Mix well and heat through.
- Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini shells and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until the zucchini is tender.
- May garnish with grated parmesan cheese if desired.