- 1 1/2 tsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced and divided)
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 lb Extra Lean Ground Chicken
- 1/2 cup Black Olives (chopped and divided)
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese (crumbled and divided)
- 1/2 Cucumber (diced)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Casa De Sante Low Fodmap Tuscan Spice Mix
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the red pepper to the skillet. Saute for about 5 minutes. Add baby spinach and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add almond flour, ground chicken, tuscan herb spices, half of the black olives and half of the feta cheese to the mixing bowl. Now add in your sauteed vegetables. Mix well. Form the mixture into even patties and place on a baking sheet. Transfer to the fridge until ready to grill.
- Meanwhile, create your greek salsa in a bowl by combining the remaining red pepper, black olives, feta cheese and cucumber. Drizzle with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Transfer burgers onto grill and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes per side or until burger is cooked through. Remove from grill.
- Plate burger and top with your chopped Greek salsa. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings.
Wrap it Up
Serve in a lettuce wrap or brown rice tortilla.
These also work well as meatballs or sliders.