This Low FODMAP Cedar Planked Salmon with Grilled Zucchini Recipe is great for your summertime barbecuing and perfect for your low fodmap dinner recipes. The delicate smokiness of salmon will make this an insanely delicious low fodmap dinner recipe that your whole family will love!
To make our Low FODMAP Cedar Planked Salmon with Grilled Zucchini Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 Cedar Plank
- 1 Zucchini ((make up to 2 cups), sliced lengthwise)
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Casa De Sante Low Fodmap Bbq Spice Rub
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 20 ozs Salmon Fillet
- 1 Lemon (sliced into rounds)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
To make our Low FODMAP Cedar Planked Salmon with Grilled Zucchini Recipe, follow these steps:
- Ensure your cedar plank has been soaked for at least 4 hours and review the safety notes below.
- Toss zucchini in olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together maple syrup, bbq spice rub salt and pepper. Place salmon fillets in the bowl and coat evenly with the marinade.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Grill zucchini for 2-3 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- Reduce to medium heat and place soaked plank on grill for about 3 minutes or until it begins to crackle and smoke.
- Flip the plank over and place salmon fillets on top, then layer the lemon slices on top of the salmon. Place the ends of the lemon on the plank as well, cut side down. Reduce heat to low, close lid and cook until salmon flakes easily, about 15-20 minutes. Baste with leftover marinade at halfway mark.
- Divide zucchini onto plates. Squeeze lemon over salmon, serve and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Safety FirstNever leave your barbecue unattended. Do not let your barbecue go above 350F as the plank may catch fire. Have a spray bottle of water on hand in case of flare-ups.
No BBQSoak plank at least 4 hrs and brush with oil. Preheat oven to 350 and bake salmon on the plank until it flakes easily, about 15-20 minutes.
Prep AheadSoak the plank ahead of time and store in the freezer until ready to use.
More CarbsServe with quinoa, potatoes or brown rice.
Keep it SimpleOmit the marinade and season the salmon with olive oil, salt and pepper.
For more amazing low fodmap dinner recipes recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap dinner recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Cedar Planked Salmon with Grilled Zucchini Recipe!