Here's a hearty and delicious Low FODMAP Hearty Lentil Soup Recipe for this week's meal plan:
To make our Low FODMAP Hearty Lentil Soup Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄4 tsp Asafoetida Powder:
- 3-4 carrots (1/2 lb)
- 2 celery stalk
- 2 cup lentils canned, rinsed and drained well
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp low FODMAP stock powder:
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 4 cup hot water
To make our Low FODMAP Hearty Lentil Soup Recipe, follow these steps:
- 1.Heat olive oil in a pot. Slice the celery and peel and slice the carrots. Add the celery and carrots to the pot and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- 2.Wash and drain lentils and add it to the pot along with the diced tomatoes (with juices), cumin, oregano, asafoedida powder, cayenne pepper, and some freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a pepper mill). Finally, add the vegetable broth (stock and water), and stir to combine.
- 3.Increase the heat to medium high and allow the pot to come up to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low, place a lid on top, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4.Taste the soup and add salt as needed (I added 1/2 tsp). Serve hot.
Note: If you'd like to add more protein, you can add diced chicken breast.
For more amazing low fodmap soup recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed another low fodmap soup recipes from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP Hearty Lentil Soup Recipe!