On another news:
Thanksgiving is coming soon! Let's kick off the delicious thanksgiving recipes with a mouth-watering starter!
Low FODMAP Brie & Cranberry Sauce with Candied Pecans:
1 package brie
8 oz cranberries
1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water
0.5 cup sugar (can sub for stevia to make healthier)
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp pecans chopped
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter
1. Make cranberry sauce by combining sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Stir in cranberries, lemon juice and cinnamon. Reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for around 30 minutes, until cranberries burst and sauce thickens. Set aside to cool.
3. In a skillet, mix pecans, butter and brown sugar. Stir over medium heat until pecans have been coated with brown sugar.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F.
5. Place the brie in an ovenproof casserole, and spread the cranberry sauce over the brie.
6. Sprinkle with candied pecans.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until cheese is soft.
12. Serve brie with low FODMAP gluten free crackers or rice cakes and enjoy!
Note: Serving for brie is 2 small wedges per serve.