Low FODMAP Rice Noodles Soup with Chicken Bok Choy Recipe — this is one delicious low fodmap chicken recipe that's sure to become a new favorite!
Servings - 4
To make our Low FODMAP Rice Noodles Soup with Chicken Bok Choy Recipe, you will need the following:
- 2 oz. dry brown rice noodles cooked
- 1/3 lb chicken breast cut into strips
- 1 large baby bok choy head, sliced or 1 8-10oz bag of spinach
- Casa De Sante Vegetable Soup Powder
- 4 cups of water
- ¼ cup bean sprouts (sub alfalfa/clover sprouts)
- Casa De Sante Spice Indian Rub
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (optional)
- 2 limes
- 1 green onion chopped (GREEN part only)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts (optional, only if tolerated)
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make our Low FODMAP Rice Noodles Soup with Chicken Bok Choy Recipe, follow these steps:
- Use kitchen scissors to cut the boneless chicken breast into large strips.
- Add them into a large soup pot, along with the 4 cups of water and 2 tsp of Casa De Sante Vegetable Soup Powder and 1 tsp of Casa De Sante Spice Indian Rub
- Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat, and cook at a gentle simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the broth is simmering, use a slotted spoon to skim off the fat as much as possible.
- When done, remove chicken from the pot and let cool on a plate (once cooled, shred the chicken into bite-sized strips).
- In a separate pot, cook the rice noodles per the package instructions. Then drain and rinse noodles in cool water for 30 seconds and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the green onions, fish sauce and shredded chicken into the broth. Stir and bring it to a boil again. Lower to a steady simmer, then season with juice of 1 lime.
- Taste & adjust seasonings if needed.
- To cook the baby bok choy or substitute baby spinach, place the greens on a ladle and dip it into the soup for a quick blanch until the greens are just wilted.
- Remove, and place the greens on the noodles.
- Finally, transfer the chicken pieces from the soup into each bowl of noodles. Then ladle the hot soup over. Garnish with lime wedge, the sprouts and the chopped peanuts.
Dairy-free, GF, Soy-free
For more amazing low fodmap chicken recipes, click here.
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed another low fodmap chicken recipes from Casa de Sante— Low FODMAP Rice Noodles Soup with Chicken Bok Choy Recipe!