- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Case de santé Indian Spicy Hot Seasoning
- 1 cups green peas (canned)
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the basmati rice and sauté until translucent and begins to brown.
- Add 4 cups water, bay leaf, salt, and Case de santé Indian Spicy Hot Seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Add green peas, but do not stir. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat and let the rice sit for 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and stir before serving.