This low FODMAP Coconut Millet Porridge with Granola Recipe is a healthy, easy, and insanely delicious low fodmap snack that your whole family will love! You'll surely forget your cravings for low fodmap granola bars!
Servings – 1
To make our Low FODMAP Coconut Millet Porridge with Granola Recipe, you will need the following:
- ¼ cup dry millet
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup no sugar non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp. shredded coconut
- ½ packet of Casa De Santé Plain granola
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup or pinch of stevia (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon
To make our Low FODMAP Coconut Millet Porridge with Granola Recipe, follow these steps:
- Toast the dry millet seed in a saucepan over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes until it turns light golden, this gives it a nuttier flavor.
- Next add the boiling water and a pinch of sea salt.
- Cover and simmer on the lowest heat setting for 15 to 20 minutes, until most of the water absorbs and the millet is soft. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Next stir in your choice of no sugar added low FODMAP milk until it is creamy (add more if needed) and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Pour into serving bowl and top with shredded coconut, a few more dashes of cinnamon and ½ a packet of Casa De Santé Plain granola.
- You have the optional choice of a teaspoon drizzle of pure maple syrup.
- For a quick preparation in the morning, cook the millet night before in boiling water. Store the millet in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- In the morning break up the millet using a fork. Transfer to a bowl and add your low FODMAP milk. Heat in the microwave until warm.
- Then stir through the cinnamon, shredded coconut and top with granola. Drizzle with maple syrup if desired.
350 calories (without maple syrup).
GF, Soy-free(if using soy-free milk), Vegan/Dairy-free (if using dairy-free milk)
Making breakfast Low FODMAP doesn’t have to be hard, it can be as easy as a pre-made bowl. Check out our store today!
Love this low fodmap recipe? Feel free to share! We hope you enjoyed this Low FODMAP Coconut Millet Porridge with Granola Recipe!