PREP TIME: 10 min
COOK TIME: 20 min
This low FODMAP breakfast is egg and oat free.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or brown sugar (do not add if using Casa de Sante low FODMAP vegan protein powder, use nut or seed butter instead.)
- Casa de Sante low FODMAP vegan protein powder
- Heat the milk to a boil
- Add the quinoa and bring back to a boil. Lower the heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes until most of the milk has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in all of the remaining ingredients.
- Add 1 scoop of Casa de Sante low FODMAP vegan protein powder for added protein
- Serve with low FODMAP fresh fruit (e.g blueberries), toasted nuts (e.g almonds) or coconut flakes, cream, milk or extra syrup for added sweetness.