Servings - 1
- 1/3 block of extra firm tofu, drained, rinsed and pressed
- 1/3 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup cooked vermicelli noodles (or thin rice noodles)
- 3-4 rice paper wrappers
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- ¼ small lime, juiced
- 1 tsp. Ayara Pad Thai sauce
- Whisk together peanut butter, lime juice and Ayara Pad Thai sauce, and set aside.
- Drain and press the tofu, cut into long strips.
- Heat a large cast-iron or non-stick pan over medium heat. Place the tofu in a single layer on the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and brush peanut sauce in a thick layer on one side.
- To assemble spring rolls, pour very hot water into a shallow dish and place 1 rice paper to soften for about 10-15 seconds.
- Move to a cutting board and spread out into a circle. It's OK if it rips a little but if it rips too much, get a new one and start again.
- Layer the tofu (sauce side down), noodles, romaine, carrots, mint and cilantro on the bottom third of the paper.
- Gently fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling until seam is sealed. (like a burrito)
- Place seam-side down on a serving platter and cover with damp warm towel to keep fresh. Repeat until finished, you should have about 3-4 spring rolls total.
- Serve with remaining peanut-lime-pad Ayara Pad Thai sauce.