Servings – 3
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 chipotle/ancho dried chilies, soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes, drained, seeds and stalks removed
- 1 tbsp. Basil & Lemon vinaigrette
- 2 tsp. Casa De Santé Mexican seasoning
- 1 lb. whole chicken legs (both drumsticks and thighs), skin-on preferred
- 2 Tbsp. vegan dark chocolate, finely grated or chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 390F. Put the peppers on a baking tray and roast for 30 minutes, until the skin has blackened.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover with clingwrap and set aside. Once cool enough to handle, peel the peppers, and discard the skins, seeds and stalks.
- Put the pepper flesh in the small bowl of a food processor, and add the cinnamon, chipotle chili, vinaigrette, chocolate, 1 tbsp. of oil, Casa De Santé Mexican seasoning and three tablespoons of water.
- Blitz for a minute, until smooth, then transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, and mix to coat.
- Arrange the chicken and potatoes on a baking tray and roast for about 50 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables are cooked and nicely browned.
- Garnish with coriander sprinkled on top.
- Serve hot with a side salad and ½ cup of rice or quinoa.
500 calories (per serving)
GF, Soy-free, Dairy-free