Entertaining on the low FODMAP diet can be challenging. We've put together a menu of low FODMAP appetizers, sides, main dishes and desserts for a scrumptious BBQ on Memorial Day or summer entertaining. Enjoy!
Low FODMAP Appetizers
- 1 cup olives
- ½ cup parsley
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp. Boyajian Garlic Oil
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Serve with gluten-free tortilla chips and enjoy!
Zucchini Tahini Dip
- 2 cups zucchini, cooked
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 lemons, squeezed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp. coriander
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Serve with gluten-free tortilla chips, or raw vegetables.
Mini Greek Meatballs
- 1&1/2 lb ground lean beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 scallions, green part or 2 tbsp of Boyajian Scallion Oil
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. Tuscan herb spice mix
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine beef, egg, scallions, tomato paste and Tuscan herbs in a large bowl. Season to taste.
- Form the mixture into equally-sized mini meatballs, and cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with Casa de Sante low FODMAP salsa or lactose-free yoghurt.
Low FODMAP Sides
BBQ Spiced Potato Wedges
- 8 potatoes, chopped in wedges
- 4 tbsp. Low FODMAP BBQ rub spice mix
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Coat the wedges in the spice mix and oil.
- 2)Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- 3)Bake in oven until crispy on the outside, and soft on the inside (15 – 20 minutes).
- Serve with Casa de Sante low FODMAP salsa and enjoy!
- 2 large eggplants, sliced in thin circles
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp. Tuscan herb spice mix
- Mix Tuscan herb mix with olive oil. Lay eggplant slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil mixture. Broil in the oven on both sides for 5 minutes.
- Mix tomatoes, red bell peppers, cilantro, olives, basil and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
- 3)Add mixture over eggplant slices, and serve!
Fresh Summer Salad
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 tbsp. basil and lemon salad dressing or sweet orange dressing
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Drizzle dressing on top, and serve cold!
A salad goes great with any BBQ dish- dress it up with low FODMAP dressing and enjoy!
Low FODMAP Main Dishes
Delicious BBQ Chicken Wings
- 2 ½ lb. chicken wings
- 1 pack BBQ spice mix
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Marinate the chicken in the spices and oil for 1 hour.
- Grill until fully cooked, and golden on both sides.
- Serve hot.
Grilled Mexican Style Lamb
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 pack Mexican/Taco Seasoning mix
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- Place all ingredients in a zip lock bag, and shake until mixed. Marinate for an hour.
- Heat a grill on medium high with a splash of olive oil.
- Cook chops according to preference (around 5-7 minutes on each side).
- Serve & enjoy!
Simple Macaroni & Cheese
- 8 oz. gluten free pasta
- ¾ cup lactose-free milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of Asafoetida Powder
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- In a pot, heat milk over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add cheese.
- Combine pasta with cheese and milk, and serve.
Low FODMAP Desserts
Bite-Sized Raspberry Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups water
- Ice-cube tray
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 popsicle sticks, broken in half
- Boil fresh raspberries in water until the mixture thickens.
- Add the maple syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the wells of an ice-tray.
- Freeze the mixture for half an hour, then place a popsicle stick into each well.
- Freeze again until fully set.
Delicious Cocoa Truffle Bites
- 4 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup coconut, shredded
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- Grease an ice tray with a tsp. of coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Form into equally-sized balls, and pat down each truffle into the ice-tray wells.
- Freeze until solid, and serve.
Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line tray with baking paper.
- Mix peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Slowly add eggs in, then baking soda, then vanilla and salt.
- Mix in chocolate chips, and roll dough into small cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve.