Low FODMAP Glazed Maple Ham
Juicy, succulent cuts of maple & mustard glazed gammon... Yes please! Add it to your next family dinner menu to wow your guests.
- 1 leg gammon bone-in
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 10 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp peppercorn
- 4 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp Casa De Sante Chili Seasoning Mix
- Cover gammon with cold water in a large pot. Add all spices, peppercorn and bay leaves and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 2 hours, topping water if needed.
- Remove liquid, and preheat oven to 400F. (Preserve liquid to use as broth)
- Remove the skin carefully while keeping the fat on the ham.
- In a jug, combine maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce.
- Glaze the ham in the maple glaze, and roast for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Turn the ham every 15 minutes in order to cook and brown evenly on all sides.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, carve and enjoy!