- ½ cup masa harina flour (corn)
- ¼ cup fine/medium ground cornmeal
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Casa De Santé Lemon Herb seasoning (or sub plain salt)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk such as almond milk,
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted + slightly cooled
- 1 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a greased loaf pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the egg until pale yellow, then whisk in the milk, melted butter, and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet into the dry and whisk until just combined. Do not over stir.
- Let sit undisturbed for 7 minutes. The batter will thicken and puff during this time. After sitting the batter will be very thick and airy.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick tests clean.
- To store: Let fully cool before storing in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for 1-2 days and reheat in the toaster or oven, or freeze and reheat the same way.
- Enjoy with some low-fodmap jelly, yogurt and Casa De Santé Lemon Herb seasoning.
400 calories (per serving)
Vegan,GF, Soy-free, Dairy-free