- 4 slices Organic Bacon
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus some extra for brushing)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 heads Romaine Hearts (halved (1 cup per serve))
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (grated or shaved)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 420.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Spread your bacon across the baking sheet.
- Place bacon in the oven. Let your bacon cook for about 8 minutes per side or until crispy.
- When the bacon is cooked, wrap bacon in paper towel to absorb the grease and then chop into fine pieces and set aside.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat your grill on medium heat.
- Brush the face of your halved romaine hearts with a bit of olive oil then place them directly on the grill face down. Grill for about 5 minutes.
- Remove romaine hearts. Place two on a plate and drizzle with desired amount of caesar dressing. Sprinkle with bacon and grated parmigiano reggiano cheese. Enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
Grill up some chicken breasts while you cook the bacon. Slice into strips and serve them alongside the romaine hearts.
The bacon, dressing and chicken (optional) can all be cooked in advance. Then simply grill the romaine hearts and assemble when ready to eat!
Roast the romaine hearts in the oven at 420 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Salads are great, healthy dishes that can easily be FODMAP friendly- simply add your low FODMAP dressing and enjoy.