- 1/3 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Casa De Sante Spicy Indian Seasoning
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut cream
- 1 Jalapeno or serrano pepper (optional)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- 1 GF wrap for dipping
- Put the chicken in a bowl and toss with the lime juice and a pinch of Casa De Sante Spicy Indian Seasoning and leave to marinade.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat, and add a pinch of the Casa De Sante Spicy Indian Seasoning.
- Cook the spices gently for 1-2 minutes until they begin to smell aromatic, keeping them moving with a spoon to prevent them from burning.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Take the sauce off the heat and set aside.
- In another pan heat 1 Tbsp. coconut oil and add the marinated chicken. Brown gently all over and set on kitchen paper to blot excess oil.
- Take the tomato sauce, use an immersion blender (or transfer into a food processor if necessary) and blitz to a smooth sauce.
- Put the sauce back on the heat and bring back to a simmer.
- Add the browned chicken to the sauce and bring back to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. If the sauce looks like it is getting a little thick add a couple of tablespoons of water.
- After 20minutes take off the heat and stir in the coconut cream. Taste and adjust the seasoning as required.
- Serve with a warm gluten free tortilla.
380 calories (without tortilla)
Dairy-free, Soy-free, GF